My short-stay visa application has been rejected
Visa applications are processed by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND). There are several reasons why the IND may reject a visa application:
- You do not meet the requirements for a visa
- You made an error in the application
- The IND is not convinced of the reasons you provided for your stay in the Netherlands (the IND believes you may submit an asylum application)
- The IND is not convinced that you will return to your home country after your stay
- The IND believes you pose a risk to national security, public order or public health
- The IND may have made a mistake when processing your application
Appealing a decision
Has your application for a visa or residence permit been rejected? If so, you have just 28 days to appeal this decision. Contact us today to discuss your options.
If you need a visa immediately, for instance to attend a conference or a wedding or for medical treatment in the Netherlands, you can ask a court to assess your case as a matter of urgency. We will be happy to advise you.